Student ID Policy A. Purpose
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Northeast Texas Community College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
The policy has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within this document.
The MyEagle Passport ID Card is an official Northeast Texas Community College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Northeast Texas Community College, the card provides access to campus events and activities including residence halls/other buildings.
- Who Qualifies for a card?
- Faculty & Staff
Permanent employees of Northeast Texas Community College, defined as receiving benefits, are entitled to a free MyEagle Passport ID Card as a condition of their employment.
- College Board
Any Member of the College Board is entitled to a free card.
Any Northeast Texas Community College affiliate member on-campus is entitled to a free ID card.
- Expiration of MyEagle Passport ID Card
- ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with the College.
- Policy on ID Picture taking
- For ID card pictures Northeast Texas Community College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All bandannas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
- Card Fee Structure:
- Student's First Card
The cost of the MyEagle Passport Card is added into the cost of attendance for all students. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
- Students Replacement Cards
A $25 charge will be placed on the studentâ€™s college account when a replacement ID card is issued. If payment is not received by due date, student records are sealed by the Business Office.
Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
- Free Replacement cards for cardholders
â€¢ Extreme hardship cases - very rare; apartment fire for example
â€¢ If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
- Responsibilities as a Cardholder
- Deactivating or Reinstating your MyEagle Passport Card
Faculty/Staff, Students, and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Northeast Texas Community College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
- Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card, please call 1-866-348-3435, 24 hours a day. The College provides replacement service of ID cards during operational hours (8 AM - 6 PM, Mon. - Thurs. ↦ 8 AM - NOON, Fri.). The cards can be replaced at the Business Office. If the ID card is also an ATM card, the individual will be asked token questions for verification purposes before the card is canceled.
- Information Sources
- Website address: www.myeaglepassport.com
E. Effective Date: Revised: May 2010