» College Connection
  » Register for Classes
  » Freq. Asked Questions
  » Advising Forms
  » Class Schedules
  » Course Catalog
  » Advisors & Recruiters




Frequently Asked Advising Questions  


I'm trying to add my classes online but it keeps saying I need a "remedial course."

Are you seeking a degree or certificate?
  • If you are seeking a certificate, then please contact the Registrar's office to change your status so that the system will allow you to register online.
  • If you are seeking a degree, then please contact our office to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor. We can advise you what you should register for, and how to go about doing that.

Back to top

I'm trying to add my classes but it tells me I need a pre-requisite.

If you are unsure about which course is the pre-requisite to the course you are trying to add, then you might to look at the course description in the catalog to determine which course you need first. If you had the pre-requisite at another institution, please contact Admissions, so that they can review your transcript and possibly transfer in that course so that you may register. All other requests to add a course that requires a pre-requisite without having completed the pre-requisite will require permission from the instructor.

Back to top

The class I want to take is full. Can you get me in?

You must contact and present written permission from the instructor to add a class that has filled. Written permission can come in the form of an add/drop slip signed by them, or an email providing permission.

Back to top

I need to ADD/DROP a class.

Adding a class can be done online through campus connect. If a class requires a manual add, then an add form with justification attached must be presented to an advisor. The add/drop form can be found by clicking on the Advising Form link to the left. To drop or withdraw from a class, the same add/drop form can be used. Please have the instructor sign the form and bring it to the administration. In extenuating circumstances, an email request from YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT can be sent to advising@ntcc.edu requesting to be dropped or withdrawn.!

Back to top

I want to take more than 18 hours in the semester, but can't online. What do I do?

In order to take more than 18 hours, download the add/drop form from the Advising Form link to the left and write in the course that would put you over 18 hours. That form will need to be signed by the Executive Vice President for Instruction before an advisor can add the course.

Back to top

Advisors are located in the Student Services Building on the NTCC Main campus.
For More Information Contact:
Northeast Texas Advising

Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday : 8am - 6pm
Friday : 8 am - Noon
Saturday & Sunday : Closed

Hits: 35329 |
This page last updated by J. Pruitt on 07/10/2014

Northeast Texas Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, ADA institution.

Accreditation | Disclaimer | Emergency Preparedness Information Hot Careers in Texas | Human Resources | Privacy Statement |
Online Institutional Resumes | State of Texas Online | Statewide Search | Texas Homeland Security | State link policy
Northeast Texas Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, ADA institution.
Copyright © 2014 - NTCC - All Rights Reserved