Applying for a Job at NTCC FAQ's Is a resume accepted in lieu of an application?
- A completed application packet is required before the hiring committee will consider any applicant for an interview. A resume can be attached to the application but to be considered for an interview, the complete list of documents on the front page of the application must be submitted in a timely manner.
- A resume will not be used for consideration for employment alone; an incomplete application packet will not be submitted to the hiring committee for review.
Do I have to include official transcripts?
- Initially, unofficial transcripts will be adequate. However, prior to making an offer of employment to any candidate, we must have official transcripts on file. Having the official transcript included with your application packet will help expedite the hiring process.
Can I complete an application online?
- We have, located at www.ntcc.edu, an application that can be completed online; however, it cannot be transmitted electronically from our website. You have several options on how to return that application packet:
- Print the application, attach the documents, and sign the application then:
- Fax it to 903-572-6712
- Mail the packet to P.O. Box 1307, Mt. Pleasant, TX 75456
- Scan and then email the complete packet to email@example.com
- Bring the complete application packet to NTCC Main Campus Administration Building/Human Resources
- Incomplete applications will not be submitted for review to the hiring committee
- An unsigned application will not be reviewed for consideration.
How long is my application kept on file at NTCC?
- For faculty positions, applications are kept for two (2) years from the date of submission.
- Non-faculty and unsolicited applications are retained for one (1) year from the date of submission.
- Once the above timeframes have been reached, these old applications will be destroyed and a new application will need to be completed to apply for any positions.
How do I apply for multiple jobs?
- Complete your application and list in the "Position Applied For" section all positions you are interested in applying for.
- A cover letter of interest in each position must also be attached.
- If you have recently completed an application packet and want to apply for a new position recently opened, you do not have to complete a new application: simply submit a new cover letter of interest in the newly posted position.
The job posting has closed? Can I still send my application?
- If the job posting deadline has passed and your application has not been received by that date, your application cannot be considered.
- If we receive your application after the posting has expired, we will file it (1-2 years as noted above) for future reference and postings. If you wish to apply for additional positions, please see above "How do I apply for multiple jobs?"
I sent my application by fax. Will you call me if it is not properly transmitted?
I sent my application by United States Postal Service mail. Will you tell me if you've received it?
- Due to the numbers of applications received, we are unable to provide this service.
- The best, most secure, method of sending your application packet will be: registered mail, courier service or by email.
- We cannot be responsible to responding to all requests concerning receipt of application packets.
Can I send the application by email?
- This is the most secure and efficient method of transmitting your application packet.
- You may send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no job posting that I am qualified to apply for at this time. May I send in a general resume or "open" application?
- Resumes and applications received when there is no job opening are maintained in accordance with the record retention policy and are filed in a "general" file folder.
- For best consideration, apply for announced openings and clearly designate in your cover letter and on your application the position you wish to be considered for.
- If you wish your resume and/or application to be pulled from the "general" folder and placed in a specific opening folder, please forward a cover letter of interest in the new position.
When will I hear the results of the review of my application?
- Applicants that are selected to be interviewed will be the first to be contacted by phone.
- Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be sent an email message if an email address has been listed on the resume and/or application.
- If no email address is provided to non-interview applicants, you will not receive a response from NTCC.
Is my application automatically sent to other jobs I might be qualified for?
- If you wish to be considered for any other positions than what you applied for, you will need to submit a new cover letter of interest if it falls within the timeframes mentioned above.
- Our system does not automatically submit your application to additional job openings.
What is the typical time frame for the hiring process?
- There is no set time frame for the hiring process. Due to various circumstances, job postings can be extended or withdrawn at any time in the process at the discretion of the College. The hiring process may take a few days up to a few months, depending on the level of the job, the extent of the candidate search, and various other factors. Once applications have been referred to the hiring committee, they select the candidates for interviews. All positions are subject to review and may or may not be filled pending funding or other budgetary considerations.
Do you acknowledge that you received my resume and/or application?
- Due to the volume of vacancies and number of applicants for each vacancy, receipt acknowledgements cannot be sent concerning your application status.
Does the College sponsor employment or work visas from non U.S. citizens?
- You must be a citizen of the United States or have the legal right to work in the United States for employment at NTCC.
Does NTCC run a criminal background check?
- Prior to an official offer of employment, a criminal history/background check and a full research of your references will be conducted.