Applying for a Job at NTCC FAQ's Is a resume accepted in lieu of an application?
- A completed online application packet is required before the hiring committee will consider any applicant for an interview. A resume can be attached to the online application but to be considered for an interview, the complete list of documents listed on the cover page of the application page must be submitted in a timely manner.
- A resume will not be used for consideration for employment alone; an incomplete application packet will not be submitted to the hiring committee for review.
Do I have to include official transcripts?
- Initially, unofficial transcripts will be adequate. However, prior to making an offer of employment to any candidate, we must have official transcripts on file. Having the official transcript included with your application packet will help expedite the hiring process.
Can I complete an application online?
- Yes, The only applications accepted are those completed online.
Paper applications are not accepted.
How long is my application kept on file at NTCC?
- For faculty positions, applications are kept for two (2) years from the date of submission.
- Non-faculty and unsolicited applications are retained for one (1) year from the date of submission.
- Once the above timeframes have been reached, these old applications will be destroyed and a new application will need to be completed to apply for any positions.
The job posting has closed? Can I still submit my application?
- If the job posting deadline has passed and your application has not been received by that date, your application cannot be considered.
- We will retain your application online for future reference and postings.
I sent my application by fax. Will you call me if it is not properly transmitted?
- Due to the numbers of applications received, we are unable to provide this service. In addition paper applications are not accepted. Please complete an application online.
I sent my application by United States Postal Service mail. Will you tell me if you've received it?
- Only online applications are accepted.
- We cannot be responsible to responding to all requests concerning receipt of application packets.
Can I send the application by email?
- Only online applications are accepted. Applications received by mail will be destroyed.
There is no job posting that I am qualified to apply for at this time. May I send in a general resume or "open" application?
- Applications can only be submitted online for posted, open positions.
When will I hear the results of the review of my application?
- Applicants that are selected to be interviewed will be the first to be contacted by phone.
- Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be sent an email message if a valid email address has been listed on the online application.
- If no email address is provided to non-interview applicants, you will not receive a response from NTCC.
Is my application automatically sent to other jobs I might be qualified for?
- If you wish to be considered for any other positions than what you applied for, you will need to log onto your NTCC application account, select the new position and submit your application to that position.
- Our system does not automatically submit your application to additional job openings.
What is the typical time frame for the hiring process?
- There is no set time frame for the hiring process. Due to various circumstances, job postings can be extended or withdrawn at any time in the process at the discretion of the College. The hiring process may take a few days up to a few months, depending on the level of the job, the extent of the candidate search, and various other factors. Once applications have been referred to the hiring committee, they select the candidates for interviews. All positions are subject to review and may or may not be filled pending funding or other budgetary considerations.
Does the College sponsor employment or work visas from non U.S. citizens?
- You must be a citizen of the United States or have the legal right to work in the United States for employment at NTCC.
Does NTCC run a criminal background check?
- Prior to an official offer of employment, a criminal history/background check and a full research of your references will be conducted.