College Connection & Career Center
Students may benefit from the numerous services offered by the College Connection department. Advisors are available to assist students as they make plans and decisions in various phases of their educational development. Services include assistance in the following areas:
- Determining transferability of courses
- Gaining independence in decision-making
- Career counseling to explore possible vocational directions
- Self appraisals of interest, personality and abilities
- Academic advisement to examine appropriate choices of courses and educational plans
- Study skills
- Creation of small group discussions focusing on such areas as interpersonal relationships, test anxiety, and assertiveness.
Give us a call at 903-434-8190 to talk to an advisor.
The College Connection Advising department currently consists of the following employees:
Jeanni Pruitt, Director of College Connection and Career Center
Daisy Bates, Advisor and Veterans Coordinator
Alex Ortega, Advisor Recruiting Specialist / Career Services Coordinator
Miles Young, Advisor and Retention Specialist
The College Connection and Career Center assists students on a walk-in or appointment basis.
Special Populations Project
Northeast Texas Community College strives to provide all students services to support access to educational opportunities. NTCC provides reasonable accommodations to students who request such and meet American Disability Association requirements for services based on physical or learning limitations. If a student believes they may qualify, they should contact Erika Garza, Coordinator of Special Populations, 903-434-8202.