- Northeast Texas Poetry Reading to feature local speakers
- Honors Northeast wraps filming for fifth movie
- 20th Century Study Club of Pittsburg gives to Work Scholarship Program
- Adult Education kicks off school year with 50s themed celebration
- Glenn and Judy Weiss give matched gift for NTCC Morris County scholarships
New course offered to improve student success
Are you nervous about what to expect in college? Did your semester not go as well as you liked and you’re not sure how to improve?
The Northeast Texas Community College Psychology department is offering a new class that can help you get ahead of the curve! Effective Learning-Strategies for College Success (Psych 1300) will be offered for the first time in Fall 2014. This handy course covers topics related to success in college such as managing your money, time and your life in college. It will also deal with relationships and personal tips for success. Plus, the class also provides information about reading textbooks efficiently, using the library and research process efficiently, taking notes effectively and study tips for different kinds of courses.
Many self-management principles will be discussed and students have an opportunity to take care of concerns in classes before it is too late! Sign up through CampusConnect or e-mail Dr. Shirley Clay (sclay(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)ntcc.edu) with questions.