- Northeast Texas Poetry Reading to feature local speakers
- Honors Northeast wraps filming for fifth movie
- 20th Century Study Club of Pittsburg gives to Work Scholarship Program
- Adult Education kicks off school year with 50s themed celebration
- Glenn and Judy Weiss give matched gift for NTCC Morris County scholarships
NTCC softball wins game one of regional tourney
The Northeast Texas Community College Eagles Softball team is one step closer to the world series this week as they picked up a win on day one of the Regional Tournament in Lufkin. Despite trailing early on, the Eagles managed to come back and beat Galveston College 3-2 Thursday.
Galveston jumped out to a quick lead, scoring two unanswered runs in the first four innings. Things started to turn around in the bottom of the fifth, when the Eagle defense managed a three-up-three-down inning. The Eagles rallied in the top of the sixth, scoring three runs and bringing the score to 3-2. Another inning of quick work by the Eagle defense in the bottom of the sixth left NTCC ahead going into the final inning.
Both teams went scoreless in the seventh, launching NTCC into the winners bracket. The Eagles play game two Friday at 5:30 p.m. versus San Jacinto College. Fans can follow the action live on Twitter @NTCCSOFTBALL.