- Northeast Texas Poetry Reading to feature local speakers
- Honors Northeast wraps filming for fifth movie
- 20th Century Study Club of Pittsburg gives to Work Scholarship Program
- Adult Education kicks off school year with 50s themed celebration
- Glenn and Judy Weiss give matched gift for NTCC Morris County scholarships
Students complete NTCC phlebotomy training
The Northeast Texas Community College department of Continuing Education and Corporate Training recently honored 12 students who completed the spring Phlebotomy program. The 200-hour certificate in Phlebotomy prepares students for a career drawing blood in various healthcare settings. Those who completed the program are pictured (from left): Front row: Vanessa Bryant of Mount Vernon, Magdalena Sanchez of Mount Pleasant, Chris Harpold of Mount Vernon, Jessica Parrish of Mount Vernon, and Katie Stroman of Daingerfield. Second row: Heather Brandenburg of Mount Pleasant, Hilda Almendarez of Mount Pleasant, Holly Mayers of Sulphur Springs, Tamara Stracener of Winnsboro, and Carmen Nance of Mount Pleasant. Not pictured were Misty Crookham of Winnsboro and Tracey Sorto of Mount Pleasant. The next Phlebotomy class at NTCC begins August 12. Those interested in signing up should call 903-434-8134 to learn more.