Updated: Friday, April 3, 2020 - 9:30 a.m.
Message from Dr. Ron Clinton, NTCC President - We Miss You Eagles!
Dr. Clinton's message in Spanish.
- All campus events and activities that were scheduled through the end of the semester (May 16) are cancelled.
- NTCC's spring graduation ceremony has been postponed and May graduates will have the opportunity to participate in the August ceremony. Please see the Student COVID-19 FAQ section for more details.
- All official communication from NTCC and instructors is sent via your ntcc.edu e-mail address. Please check your e-mail often for important information. Your e-mail is accessed through the MyEagle Portal.
- College faculty are continuing their essential work from home until such time as it is deemed safe to resume a normal schedule back on campus. Employees should not report for duty on campus unless they are contacted by their supervisor. Our on-campus personnel is limited to a smaller number of persons needed to ensure certain types of operations requiring “hands on deck” continue. Specific details about work schedules should be addressed with supervisors.
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for students
- Student Services are available via phone and e-mail. Click here for a special directory of offices you may need to reach.
In consideration of the latest recommendations from the CDC, Federal and State Governments regarding the unprecedented COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, the NTCC Campus is closed to the public until further notice and all classes have transitioned to online.
As this is a rapidly changing situation, we are monitoring the latest updates and guidelines closely and will keep our campus community apprised of any further changes that may become necessary. Campus health and safety is our top priority and we are working diligently to ensure that there is minimal disruption to instruction and student services during this time.
Other Important Information:
- Campus housing will remain open on a very limited basis.
- All spring 2020 sports and events have been cancelled.
- All other planned activities and gatherings on the NTCC main campus or outreach centers are cancelled effective immediately.
NTCC continues to follow all local recommendations and those made by the Center for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the Texas Department of State Health Services. At this time, the CDC maintains that the most effective measures against the spread of COVID-19 are to:
• Use proper handwashing techniques
• Avoid person-to-person contact when possible
• Use hand sanitizer between washes
• Stay home when you feel sick
For those of you traveling, please make sure to check the latest CDC travel recommendations regarding COVID-19.