EKG Technician Program Mission
The NTCC EKG Technician program is dedicated to educating and training entry cardiovascular professionals through the delivery of superior instruction, training, and services as supported by our program core values of professionalism, patient care, health promotion, and disease prevention. NTCC core values support the EKG Technician program mission by promoting excellence in all things, students as our priority, critical thinking, and integrity by example. Our EKG Technician graduates are educated to accept their patient care roles as responsible, ethical, and high performing professionals with experience in treating clients among culturally diverse patient populations.
Increasing student opportunities for access to health care programs such as EKG Technician is not only the desire of our NTCC community, but also the desire of program applicants and prospective employers. Applicants are encouraged to examine our EKG Technician program web pages for further information relative to program entry.
In order to prepare EKG Technician students for certification and to meet their job requirements in the delivery of basic cardiovascular care to the public, our program has developed exceptional learning opportunities. The NTCC EKG Technican program provides students with the following opportunities:
- A state-of-the-art simulation lab and program; facility design is consistent with the mission of the college for building in a sustainable manner.
- The NTCC campus is a fully accredited campus with the SACSCOC (see Accreditation web page for further information).
- Learning through the use of current education methodologies embedded in program curriculum designed for student evolution into professional, competent, entry-level cardiovascular professionals.
- An environment that fosters respect for the EKG Technician profession; early professional experiences assure students of their future ability to recognize and accept their cardiovascular profession responsibilities.
- Preparation for graduation from with a certification as a EKG Technician promoting successful Completion of the NHA CET Examination