The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA/TASFA) form must be resubmitted every academic year. Also, just because you may not have qualified during the previous year, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply this year as well. The FAFSA/TASFA for 2021-2022 opens on Thursday October 1, 2020, so we’re encouraging everyone to get started as soon as possible!
The Transfer Support Team will be hosting a FAFSA/TAFSA workshop on Tuesday October 6 and Wednesday October 7, from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. in the Career and Transfer Center Multipurpose Room (BT 111B).
Things needed when filling out FAFSA/TASFA:
- Your FSA ID
- Your social security number
- Your 2019 tax records including W-2 Form
- Your parent’s 2019 tax records and social security number (if you are considered a dependent student) including W-2 Form
- Parents date of birth (if considered a dependent student)
- Parent’s date of marriage/divorce (if considered a dependent student)
- Records of your untaxed income
- Records of your assets (money)
- A list of schools you are interested in attending