The following was sent via e-mail to students, faculty and staff on Tuesday, May 5 2020 by Dr. Ron Clinton, NTCC:
Dear NTCC Eagles,
I know many of you are wondering about the status of upcoming summer classes at NTCC. After careful consideration, and in keeping with guidance from Governor Abbott and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, we have determined that all Intersession and Summer 2020 courses will be delivered online (with a few exceptions for a select number of workforce training programs). Given what we know about the current COVID-19 situation, we believe this continues to be the best course of action for the health and safety of our campus community.
Below are some specific details that may be helpful as you plan:
- On-campus housing will remain closed throughout the summer.
- For summer students needing computer and internet access, computer labs will be available on the NTCC campus, starting June 8th.
- If you are enrolled in a workforce training or health sciences program that requires face-to-face interaction, please reach out to your individual instructor or program director. They will provide you with the latest information specific to your program.
- “Discovery Kids College” will not take place on campus. We are exploring ways to offer some unique course programming for children this summer in a remote setting.
- The NTCC “Summer Success” and “Upward Bound” programs will still be offered, but in an online environment
- NTCC’s Work4College Program will move forward as scheduled for the summer. There will be social distancing guidelines along with other safety measures put in place for all student workers. More details regarding the work positions will be released in the near future.
While I know we are all ready to get back to some version of “normal,” and are looking forward to the reopening of our campus again in the fall, I highly encourage you to take advantage of our online class offerings during May Intersession and Summer. Our instructors will continue to offer high quality courses at an exceptional value to help you stay on track to achieving your educational goals. Our advising team is standing by to help you register for classes and answer any questions you may have.
We miss you Eagles, and look forward to seeing you on campus again this fall.
Dr. Ron Clinton
President, Northeast Texas Community College