What Is The Cost Of The TSIA2 Test?
The TSIA2 exam is $24.00 for the complete exam or $12.00 per section.
What Skills Are Tested On The TSIA2 Test?
The TSIA2 will consist of two multiple-choice sections: Mathematics and English Language Arts Reading (ELAR), an integrated reading and writing section. The TSIA2 will also include a WritePlacer Essay section.
Who Is Required To Take The TSIA2 Test?
Unless otherwise exempt or waived, all students registering at a Texas public college must take the TSIA2 test.
What Is The Passing Score For The TSIA2 Test?
- Mathematics: A College Readiness Classification (CRC) score of at least 950; or a CRC score below 950 and a Diagnostic level of 6.
- English Language Arts Reading: A College Readiness Classification (CRC) score of at least 945 and an essay score of at least 4; or a CRC score below 945 and a Diagnostic level of 5 or 6 and an essay score of at least 4.
What Happens if I do not pass the TSI?
You cannot pass or fail the TSI assessment. Based on how you perform, you may either enroll in:
- College-level courses that match your skill level, or
- College readiness courses or internentions to imporove your skills and prepare you for success in college-level courses.
- TSIA2 Cut Scores
When Do I Take The Pre-Assessment Activity?
Before you take the TSIA2 Assessment, you must participate in a Pre-Assessment Activity. Northeast Texas Community College is required by state law to provide the Pre-Assessment Activity as well as document your participation, so it is very important that you complete this activity before you take the test. Also, you will not be allowed to take the TSIA2 Assessment until you have completed this activity.
The Pre-Assessment Activity includes the following:
- Learn what's on the TSIA2 Assessment and why doing well matters.
- Find out if you are exempt from taking the TSIA2 Assessment.
- Try your hand (and brain!) on some sample items.
- Get the details about testing and support for your target college.
- Receive your certificate for completing this mandatory activity.
- Finish in 30 minutes or less!
Be sure to print out your PAA certificate and bring it with you on the day you take the TSIA2 Assessment.
How Do I Complete the TSIA2 Pre-Assessment Activity?
Please follow the steps below to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity:
- Type tsia2.accuplacer.org into a web browser
- Click on the information for Students (lower right corner)
- Click on Texas Resources
- Click on the Big Blue Box
- Setup an account
- Log in with your credentials
- Click on Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment (TSIA2-PAA)
- Click on Begin Pre-Assessment Activity
- Select Northeast Texas Community College in the drop-down menu
- Click the I agree box
- Select and complete the TSIA2 ELAR and the TSIA2 Mathematics sample tests
How Do I Resister For The TSIA2 exam at Northeast Texas Community College?
Students wishing to test will go to their myEagle Portal and select Testing Center. When selecting the Schedule a Test Session option, the student will be provided a list of test sessions with open seats. Once you have selected the desired session, you will be prompted to pay with a credit or debit card.
When Will I Get My Scores?
The objective sections of the TSIA2 test are scored immediately following administration. Examinees are given an UNOFFICIAL copy of scores for advisement purposes.
How long does the TSI assessment take?
The TSI Assessment is not a timed test. The average time to complete all three test sections is three to five hours.
What happens if I do not have time to finish the test?
You have 14 calendar days to complete the test. If you do not take the test within the 14-day period, you will have to begin again with Question 1 on the section of the test where you stopped.
Can I retake the TSI assessment?
Yes, you may retest at any time upon availability.
Can I transfer my scores from/to another Texas college/university?
Yes. If you have taken a TSI assessment in Texas, public schools can access these scores if you provide your college name, student ID, and date of birth. Private and out-of-state institutions would not have access to this database. Log into your Accuplacer/Student Portal and have the scores sent to Northeast Texas Community College.
Do NOT bring:
- Food or Drink
- Cell Phones
- Calculators or any electronic devices
- Backpacks, large bags, or purses
If you bring any of the above listed devices they will be checked and taken up.
A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR ALL TESTS AND NO TESTS WILL BE STARTED DURING THE LAST HOUR OF BUSINESS.