|Status: Full Time|
|Minimum Salary: $37,005|
Recruits and advises students concerning their career goals and academic requirements. Works with college faculty and other community college and university counselors to remain current with transferability of courses, majors, and admissions requirements. This person must be knowledgeable of customer service principles and practices and have good interpersonal, decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
Bachelors degree + 2 years related experience required/ Masters preferred.
Descriptions of Major Responsibilities:
- Provides Academic advice to students
- Visits high schools to present and distribute information concerning College programs and opportunities
- Advises or refers students and prospective students in areas concerning college admission and readmission, professional concerns, housing, financial aid, student services, degree programs, academic schedules, course schedules, course planning and selections, major options and career and educational goals.
- Serves to facilitate the application and admission of students
- Advises students with academic, probationary, and financial concerns and determines possible courses of action
- Reviews degree plans with students
- Processes add/drops, withdraws, and change of majors
- Has knowledge of College policies and procedures
- Monitors degree requirements
- Interacts with other College offices regarding admissions, registration, and advising
- Meets with prospective students
- Conducts various recruitment programs
- Develops contacts with high school teachers, Counselors, and Administrators as a mechanism for identifying students for recruitment
- Fosters retention of identified groups of students through activities such as mentoring, monitoring of student grades, and other support programs
- Uses Jenzabar EX for student registration, degree audit, course prerequisites, etc
- Maintains records of student contracts