The Charlie and Helen Hampton Library offers interlibrary loan (ILL) service to NTCC students, faculty, and staff; community users in need of ILL should contact their public library. You will need to come by the library to fill out a form that includes your contact information and as much bibliographic description (title, author, publisher, etc.) of the item you want as you have available. If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, you may also download the form by clicking here; however, you will still need to return the completed form to the library in person. You may also email the completed form to email@example.com.
Before requesting items through ILL, please consider the following:
- If the item is a book, video, or audiotape, first search the Library Catalog to make sure we do not already have the item.
- If the item is a periodical article, first search our periodical holdings to make sure we do not already have the item.
- Some libraries may charge a fee for lending materials. You will be asked on the ILL form whether a fee is acceptable and, if so, what is the upper limit you are willing to pay. We will try to borrow from a library that does not charge a fee, but if this is not possible, we will contact you with further information.
- Most libraries will not lend audiovisual materials through ILL.
- Current best-sellers and popular fiction are hard to get through ILL, as most libraries have waiting lists for such material and give priority to their own users. Your public library may be a better source for such material.
- Allow a minimum of seven to ten days for the lending library to process your request. If you cannot wait that long, you may want to consider applying for a TexShare card and visiting another library in the area.
Interlibrary loan material is typically loaned for one month, which begins the day the material is shipped to us and includes enough time to return the material to its home library. You are responsible for returning ILL material to the library early enough that it can reach its home library before the due date. However, you do not have to package the material or pay postage; that is part of the service.
TexShare is a cooperative program of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission designed to support and enhance resource sharing among Texas college and university libraries. The TexShare Card Program allows students, faculty, and staff from Texas colleges and universities to borrow materials from participating TexShare libraries across the state.
Although membership in TexShare is open to all college and university libraries in Texas, participation is voluntary, and not every library chooses to offer every TexShare service. Click here for a list of participating TexShare libraries.
TexShare borrowers are expected to read and abide by the terms of the TexShare Card Program Agreement. When you check out materials from another library, you are considered a guest of that library and are expected to observe that library's rules.
The library will issue TexShare cards only to NTCC students, faculty, and staff. If you are classified as a community borrower by the libarary, you should check with your local public library about getting a TexShare card. The library will continue to extend circulation privileges to adult residents of Camp, Morris, and Titus counties, and we will honor valid TexShare cards from residents outside those counties.
Before you request or attempt to use a TexShare card, you might want to find out where you can get the materials you need. Below is a list of all libraries within a 100-mile radius of NTCC that participate in the TexShare Card Program.