Federal Veterans Education Benefits through the Department of Veterans Administration that can possibly be used at NTCC.
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 MGIB-Select Reserves
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35 Dependents/Survivors of disabled or deceased Veterans
Chapter 33 military housing allowance is calculated on the Zip Code of the university (75503) at E-5 with Dependents. To obtain the current rate, use the BAH Calculator at https://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm. Chapter 33 students who are enrolled less than full-time or only in distance courses will receive a prorated amount. Additionally, it is important to note that Chapter 33 students must be enrolled in greater than half time to receive the housing allowance.
NEW STUDENT VETERANS AND DEPENDENTS –use the Checklist to navigate the process and documents that will need to be turned in to the veteran affairs office to begin the process.