The Human Performance curriculum provides a foundation in nutrition, exercise science, health, physical education and recreation. The degree is designed to provide you with the tools and skills needed to analyze performance and make recommendations for improvement in health, physical fitness, training, and coaching.
At the end of this program of study students will be able to:
- Promote personal wellness philosophies for enhanced health
- Respond appropriately with first aid or athletic training techniques in emergency or athletic injury situations
- Communicate effectively in a variety of contexts within the career field such as team sports, coaching, training and presentation of educational programs
- Evaluate physical performance from multiple perspectives
- Design solutions and offer recommendations for improving individual physical performance
Upon completion of the program students will be prepared to transfer to a University to complete their Health, Human Performance, Sports Management or Kinesiology bachelors and master’s degree or obtain employment in corporate wellness, fitness, education or recreation.