Medical Coding Specialist Program Mission
Northeast’s Medical Coding Specialist program is dedicated to educating and training entry level medical coders through the delivery of superior instruction, training, and services. Northeast’s core values support the medical coding specialist program mission by promoting excellence in all things, students as our priority, critical thinking, and integrity by example.
Increasing student opportunities for access to health care programs such as medical coding specialists is not only the desire of Northeast’s community, but also the desire of program applicants and prospective employers. Applicants are encouraged to examine our Medical Coding Specialist program web pages for further information relative to program entry.
In order to prepare medical coding specialist students for certification and to meet their job requirements, our program has developed exceptional learning opportunities. Northeast’s Medical Coding Specialist program provides students with the following opportunities:
- Access to the American Medical Association’s Academic Online CodeManager platform for ICD and CPT codes.
- The NTCC campus is a fully accredited campus with the SACSCOC (see Accreditation web page for further information).
- Learning through the use of current education methodologies and interactive learning platforms embedded in program curriculum designed for student evolution into professional, competent, entry-level medical coding specialists.
- Preparation for graduation from a level 1 certificate in Medical Coding Specialist promoting:
- Successful Completion of the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam
- Successful Completion of the Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) exam
- Successful Completion of the Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based (CCS-P) exam